Sunday, July 5, 2009

July, 5 2009
Day One:
Up at 7am. Sun-burnt, crispy. Steamy(screamy) HOT shower; Dad's advised cure for the worst burns. Aloe; temporary relief. July 4th at the beach(Long Beach) was a blast. Truly fun in the sun with Ariel, Tymisha, Hal and Lexie. Amidst an ample/varied supply of sunblock I managed NOT to re-apply. Will I ever learn? Tender, sun-burn style hugs and out the door. Present: Jeff snaps a pic. Astoria, 59th st. bridge(another picture), FDR, 8th Ave, park the car(thank god its Sunday. No meters.). Painfully hoist bags(one hiking pack, one camera gear backpack, one plastic bag bulging with AAA maps. Thanks mamma!). Raw sting; Port Authority. Ariel and I gingerly navigate the greyhound terminal. Love you, little brother. With every turn comes more burn(poetic). On the bus. Anxious relief. I made it, but my gear rides below in an over-stuffed cargo hold. Don't get crushed. Sleep. Ariel keeps me up to date on the wimbledon final(big sis, maybe you scalped tix?). Longest grand slam final in history. Federer wins. A/C blasting. Sun-burned goose-bumps. Pull my arms inside my white t. Sleep. Short stretch in Binghampton. Cheesecrackers. Cheese burps. Sleep. Syracuse. Gear is intact. Relief. Unfortunately, so is my sun-burn. Jeff rolls up in my new home. His maroon Scion. Snapshot. We cruise the 'cuse, stop for burritos, head to his house. Now, we pack. Tomorrow, we embark upon roadtrip'09: The Epic Buffet.

2 comments:

  1. Well what's the point of going to buffet if you don't make it "epic"? My last epic buffet was Golden Corral, Missoula, Montana, sometime back in my dewy innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're going through ol' Missoula. Gimme that insider info...

    ReplyDelete