Friday, July 10, 2009

Chasing a tornado in Mason City Illinois

Mason City, Illinois - We met a local named Jon on our path who was driving out towards the next town of Easton chasing tornado's. Caleb and I decided to join him in his pickup truck and experience our first tornado chase. We hit some heavy storms and some crazy fog but found out after cruising for some time that the tornado touched down somewhere else. It was quite the experience no-less and we definitely got a taste of an "interesting" local personality.
Side note: I realized after the fact that I left my keys in this guy's truck. Luckily, he told us the local watering hole where he'd be drinking (the place was called Stupid's). We found his truck outside the bar - it wasn't locked, and I was able to grab them without further incident.

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to IL, all looks so familiar . . .

    ReplyDelete